Here are some proven ways to land a job if you are a seasoned professional but have hit a roadblock.
- Get Past Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) – Use the right keywords on resumes and cover letters - Use jobscan.co to identify the keywords in a job listing and make sure they show up in the right context in your resume and cover letter/email. Also add high demand keywords into your social media profiles. Consider Wordle to identify the top keywords.
- Make sure your resume is accomplishment-rich! Search the web for Accomplishment Rich Resume Examples for ideas.
- Set up job alerts on 2-3 of these top job sites: Glassdoor, Indeed, and LinkedIn. Use these job alerts to stay abreast of opportunities at target companies. Leverage your network for introductions and referrals. Top Job Sites.
- Find A Transferable Career - https://www.myskillsmyfuture.org/
- Network – Talk To Friends, Family, Church, Social Clubs – Strengthen your Networking Skills. Many of the jobs available are acquired through networking methods. Check out this Video on Networking.
- Visit A Trade Show or Job Fair – 10times.com NETWORK and LEARN something new in your field. Stay current with new knowledge and certifications.
If you feel you need a Career Coach to help get better results, Smart Moms can help. Complete the Interest Form and we will be in touch.