Five Ways to Land A Job
This Blog post is targeted to the seasoned professional who has some work experience. It could be many volunteer jobs or has a combination of volunteer and paid work experience. Your volunteer work is valuable especially if it is applicable and should be presented in a self-promoting light on your resume, interview, networking sessions, etc.
Here are some interesting ways to land a job if you are a seasoned professional.
1. Help Recruiters Find You – Use keywords on Resume and Social Media Profiles - Use Wordle.net to identify the keywords in a job listing and make sure they show up in the right context in your resume and cover letter/email.
2. Network – Talk To Friends, Family, Church, Social Clubs – Strengthen your Networking Skills. Many of the jobs available are acquired through networking methods. Check out this Video on Networking https://youtu.be/R71wV7G99G4
3. Visit A Trade Show or Job Fair – 10times.com. Check with your CPA but your fee to attend could be written off as a professional development tax expense
4. Find An Apprenticeship – MyNextMove - http://www.mynextmove.org/find/apprenticeship
5. Setup Job Alerts on 2-3 of these top job sites– http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mkl45hifd/1-linkedin-com/#gallerycontent. Use these job alerts to stay abreast of opportunities at target companies. Leverage your network for introductions and referrals.
Interested in Career Coaching - Send an Email to Garla@smart-moms.net